Half of the world’s population is made up of women and girls who hold the promise of humanity’s future. Yet most don’t reach their full potential—particularly their earning potential—because of gender inequality in social, educational, and business settings across the globe.
We are on a mission and will do whatever it takes to help 20M women entrepreneurs generate $1M+ and revolutionize the way business is being done by 2030! Yup, we’ve set the bar high and the One More Woman movement is on fire.
There are three specific areas where we’ll focus our energy, and these are derived from the United Nations Global Goals for Sustainable Development created in 2016. Our key goal is to help all people understand the world-wide negative effects of gender inequality—and how they can help to eliminate it.
Ending Gender Inequality
According to UN research, women in the labor market still earn 24 percent less than men on average globally. “Women’s and girls’ empowerment is essential to expand economic growth and promote social development. The full participation of women in labor forces would add percentage points to most national growth rates— double digits in many cases.”
The primary focus of One More Woman is to end financial gender inequality, and we view this as a pivotal action toward achieving the larger United Nations’ Goal #5 of ending gender inequality by 2030.
By working to create financial equality, we can also impact the other global UN goals that include:
- Decent work and economic growth
- Peace, justice, and strong institutions
- Climate action
- Good health and well-being
- No poverty and zero hunger
Global Goals For Women
One More Woman is working to create a world where women are respected, feminine values are an integral part of the success equation, and wealth is attainable for women everywhere on the globe.
This starts by women working together to uplift each other. We envision a day when people of all genders, ethnicities, and religious preferences value women for their intelligence, business savviness, compassion, and leadership skills—basically when woman own 50% of the worlds wealth, when women run 50% of the worlds businesses and board rooms.
Check out “Our Story” on the One More Woman site to see the specific goals we’re working towards.
Incentives To Help Women And Girls
We whole-heartedly support the UN’s incentives as laid out in the document, “Gender Equality: Why It Matters.” Here, word for word, is what the UN outlines as actions and motivations that can begin to bring about gender equality.
- If you are a girl, you can stay in school, help empower your female classmates to do the same and fight for your right to access sexual and reproductive health services.
- If you are a woman, you can address unconscious biases and implicit associations that can form an unintended and often an invisible barrier to equal opportunity.
- If you are a man or a boy, you can work alongside women and girls to achieve gender equality and embrace healthy, respectful relationships.
- You can fund education campaigns to curb cultural practices like female genital mutilation and change harmful laws that limit the rights of women and girls and prevent them from achieving their full potential.
If these goals resonate with you, come join us at One More Woman and help us create a new reality where women young and old are valued and respected for their unique gifts and talents.